OFHC Copper Suppliers
OFE (Oxygen-Free Electronic) or OFHC (Oxygen-Free High Thermal Conductivity) Copper is the highest purity grade of copper at 99.99%.
Are you looking for a bespoke manufactured OFHC Copper product, insensitive to stress corrosion cracking? Speak to City Special Metals today, either via calling us or through a contact form. Alternatively, look through a range of other specialist alloys for information on our other bespoke manufactured products.
OFHC Copper Stockist Range
|Product Form||Range From||Range To|
Copper OFE Plate
Copper OFE Round Bar
Copper OFE Square Bar
Copper OFE Sheet
Copper OFE Coil
Copper OFE Wire
Copper OFE Tube
|3mm o/d x 1mm wall||101.6mm o/d x 12.7mm wall|
Get In Touch
- Conductivity Very good thermal and electrical conductivity
- Durability Strong performance, toughness and resilience
- Flexibility Good workability, weldability and easy to machine
- Corrosion-Resistant High resistance to certain corrosive environments and elements, fatigue and wear
Markets & Applications
- Electrical components and equipment such as: conductors, microwave mechanisms, transistor elements, seals in electric appliances
- High vacuum environments
- Applications where there is little risk of undesirable chemical reactions
- High Voltage electrodes
- Particle accelerators
OFHC Copper Composition
|Yield Strength||KSI (MPa)||20 (137) Max|
|Tensile Strength||KSI (MPa)||31-37 (213-255)|
|Elongation||(50mm)||33 min - 42 max|
|Co Efficient of Thermal Expansion|
|Modulus of Elasticity at 20°C||KSI||17000|
|Youngs / Shears Modulus||MPa||127000|
|Thermal Conductivity at 20°C||W.m-¹°C||386-394|
|Electrical Conductivity||IACS @ 20°C||101|
|Thermal Coefficients of Electrical Resistance 0-100°C||10-3/K||3.81|
Copper Alloy Properties
OFHC Copper is electrolytically refined in a carefully regulated, oxygen-free environment. Our copper elements have reduced oxygen levels of .001% or below and each is thermally & electrically conductive.
Oxygen-free copper products perform extremely well during hot and cold forming, whilst both Coppers also boasts excellent corrosion resistance. This is seen particularly with its resistance to atmospheric and water influences.
We offer a bespoke service so, if you don’t see the size or form that you require, contact us either by phone, email or our contact form below, and we will provide a solution to your requirements.