Leading UK Titanium Stockist
With experience in the specialist metals industry, we offer unparraled quality. That's through our manufacturing process, to the advice we give beforehand and we'll always make sure we're working to exact requirements within every project. This does not change with our Titanium manufacturing.
Are you looking for a top-quality titanium product, or another specialist alloy? Speak to City Special Metals today if you have an questions or would like to speak to us about Titanium alloys or any of our other speciality alloys. Get in touch by either calling us or messaging us using any of the contact forms on our website.
Titanium Stockist Range
|Product Form||Range From||Range To|
|Titanium Round Bar||3.0mm||85mm|
Get In Touch
Titanium Alloy Suppliers
Grades & Properties
City Special Metals manufacture specialist Titanium alloy products across titanium grades 1-12 for a variety of specialist applications.
As a guide, Titanium Grade 5 (6Al-4V) is the most used of the Titanium grades. Grade 5 Titanium Alloys have exceptionally high strength characteristics, meaning they’re very reliable under extreme conditions and can withstand temperatures up to 315°C (600°F).
- Low Density One of the highest strength-to-weight ratio, making it strong but incredibly light
- Corrosion-resistant High resistance to certain corrosive environments and elements, fatigue and wear
- Ability to Withstand Extreme Temperatures High melting point and low thermal expansion coefficient
- Durability Strong performance, toughness and resilience
- Lustrous Shiny, silvery colouration
Markets & Applications
- Manufacture of boat propeller shafts and sail boat rigging
- Architectural exterior panels
- Pipes and integral equipment in nuclear, oil and chemical industries
- Joint replacement and tooth implants
- Sports equipment such as: golf clubs and bicycles
- Aerospace manufacture such as: air craft engines and air frames
Titanium Mechanical Properties
|Grade 5 (6AL4V)|
|Yield Strength||KSI (MPa)||125 (862) min|
|Tensile Strength||KSI (MPa)||130 (900) min|
|Elongation||% in 4D||10 min (18 Typical)|
|Reduction of Area||%||25|
Titanium Technical Specifications
Titanium Physical Properties
|Modulus of Elasticity||KSI||16500|
|Youngs / Shears Modulus||KSI||6380|
|Thermal Conductivity at 20°C||W/m-K||6.70|
|Thermal Expansion Coefficients (0-100°C)||10-6/°C||8.6|
We offer a bespoke service so, if you don’t see the size or form that you require, contact us either by phone, email or our contact form below, and we will provide a solution to your requirements.
Manufactured Titanium Grades
- Pure Titanium: Relatively low strength and high ductility, used for plate heat exchangers.
- The most commonly used Pure Titanium: The best combination of strength, ductility and weldability, used for piping systems.
- High Strength Titanium: Used for Matrix-plates in shell and tube heat exchangers.
- The most manufactured Titanium Alloy: Exceedingly high strength and high heat resistance, used in the aerospace and subsea industry.
- Superior corrosion resistance in reducing and oxiding environments; used in the chemical industry.
- Very high strength and corrosion resistance, used for hydraulic piping and in the subsea industry.
- Suitable for deep drawing and applications as for Grade 7.
- Better heat resistance than pure Titanium; Applications as for Grade 7 and 11 as well as shell and tube heat exchangers.